Quantitative Associate Director (London) x2
About Trinity McQueen
We are a full-service insight consultancy with offices in Leeds and London.
We’re growing pretty fast – but we don’t just hire anyone! We take time to make sure you we’re right for each other. Our colleagues tend to stick around. We look after each other.
Our clients in the London team are many and varied: Dixons Carphone, TalkTalk, 02, Hive, News UK, Argos, Post Office, Internet Matters, Britvic, Pan Macmillan.
Like our colleagues, our clients stay with us for the long term. Some have been with us for over 15 years. There’s lots of reasons why, but the fact we care about doing a good job and make sure every project meets their needs.
If you look at our track record, our sweet-spot is complex multi-method projects where we work intensely with a client team to help them create change. We’ve been finalists in the MRS awards 7 of the last 8 years because of this.
We are looking to recruit two experienced quantitative specialists to support our existing clients and growth plans within the tech, media and retail space. You'll be based in our fast-growing London team in Clerkenwell.
The position will involve:
- The design and delivery of a range of fast-paced quantitative research projects including category U&As, concept tests, strategic positioning, customer experience, segmentation and more
- Supporting the new business and growth plans by contributing to and leading proposals and pitches
- Leading and developing client accounts and relationships
- There will also be opportunity to feed into wider agency initiatives such as solutions development, technology and marketing campaigns
We’re interested in hearing from people with proven experience of delivering compelling research, creative research solutions and building successful client relationships. Experience and skills we are looking for include:
- Strong quantitative research experience including awareness of applications multi-variate techniques such as segmentation, conjoint, MaxDiff, drivers analysis
- Experience of developing and growing client accounts including commercial responsibility
- Ability to lead winning proposals and pitches
- Capable of leading projects from design through to presentation
- Creative and smart approach to research solutions and new tech
- Ability to deliver engaging and compelling research outputs
- Management of effective and happy project teams
- Proactive, dedicated, enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude and approach
- Happy to still get involved in all stages of the research process
- Someone who is agile and can thrive in a fast past environment
We would also be happy to hear from those who have some experience of qualitative research and wish to also continue working across both disciplines in the future.
Why are we hiring?
Because we are growing. Good work creates its own demand: clients rely on you and recommend you to their peers. We need people to come in and join successful client teams.
Our company motto is 'make it happen'. We want our people to take responsibility for their projects, clients and careers - and reward them for doing so.
We’re a meritocracy. Ultimately that means you get promoted when you are ready not when you’ve got grey hair. Every colleague has SMART objectives tracked in quarterly 121s. We want you to progress.
Ultimately the best agencies never stand still: they are constantly innovating, seeking new ideas, partnerships and ways of creating value for their clients. We’ve always been restlessness, curious and willing to take risks. Have you?
What does a senior role look like at TMc?
You’ll be given responsibility to make it happen for your clients. Autonomy is baked-in here: we’ll let you get on with it.
Let’s be honest: no candidate fits a role profile 100%. Role profiles are rigid; people are not. When you join us, you can shape your role. Over time you will be able to do more of what you’re good at and enjoy.
We think a lot about work-life balance too. Circumstances change, life evolves. If you need to change your working hours we’ll do our best to make this happen. Our MDs are both parents; the business is gender balanced and there are plenty of role models who work flexibly or have done so in the past.
What is life like day to day?
Insight that changes organisations comes from a tight-knit team working intensely to define client problems, plot a meaningful investigation, dig into the detail, brainstorm a solution, summarise what a client has to do next, then work with them to effect change.
It is hard work if you do it properly. You give something of yourself to each project. That’s also what makes it rewarding and fun.
We have a growth mindset. We’re all looking to improve. Practically speaking that means a rolling training plan, on the job coaching and a talent management plan.
You’ll be working in mixed teams. For us triangulation is not just about layering different methodologies, it’s about harnessing unique perspectives within a project team from MD to RE. We want our teams to be diverse because fresh perspectives are valuable. They help crack problems.
Our culture? It’s hard to convey without resorting to cliché. We take our work seriously but not ourselves. We try to give something back to the communities we work in. We encourage time for reflection. We have regular social events. We’re all different: there’s plenty of room for characters.
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Income protection for all staff (PHI)
- Death in service (DIS) protection for all staff
- Office larder (tea, coffee, biscuits, soft drinks and fruit)
- Regular social events and outings, e.g. Summer trip to France
- Lieu time for out of hours work, e.g. for fieldwork
- 3% contributory company pension
- 25 days holiday pro rata, increasing over time spent with us
All applicants should have proof they are eligible to work in the UK (passport or visa). This is a permanent full-time position but there may be flexibility for the right candidate.
For more information or to apply for the role, please send your CV and covering letter to Chris Handford on email@example.com